Belarusians in London mailing list
- Belarus is preparing for a Donbass-like hybrid war conflict
- Parliamentary Elections, Refugee Crisis, Oil Price Dispute – Western Press Digest
- Towards a new agenda for the West and Belarus
- Election Coverage, Military Procurement, Relations with Diaspora – Ostrogorski Centre Digest
- Conduct and outcomes: digest of the 2016 parliament elections
- Belarus delegation brings Russian flag to Paralympics: solidarity or calculation?
- Belarus's Private Sector At a Crossroads
- Negotiating Gas Prices, Olympic Failure, Engaging the Diaspora – State Press Digest
- Belarusian MFA and the diaspora: a complicated relationship
- Belarusian parliamentary elections: does everybody win?
The Anglo-Belarusian Society invites its members and friends to the traditional Kupalle (Midsummer) celebration on Saturday 25 June 2016, 4pm – 10pm in the garden of Belarusian House, 52 Penn Road, London N7 9RE.
- For the first time in London: a unique opportunity to hear literary presentations by two of the most prominent Belarusian poets Uladzimier Niakliajeŭ and Andrej Chadanovič
- Traditional Kupalle programme: making flower crowns, the witch and decorating the Kupalle wheel (donations of flowers by 3pm will be greatly appreciated), games and songs, Kupalinka, jumping over the fire.
The event is generously supported by the Modern Humanities Research Association, the Association of Belarusians in Great Britain, the Anglo-Belarusian Society, the Belarusian Catholic Mission and the Francis Skaryna Belarusian Library and Museum in London. Continue reading
The lecture will start at Masaryk Senior Common Room, UCL, 16 Taviton St, London WC1H 0BW at 6 pm on 24 March 2016 and will be delivered by Professor Andrew Wilson.
Andrew Wilson is Professor in Ukrainian Studies at University College London. Professor Wilson was born in Cumberland, England, in 1961. He got his first First degree in Philosophy, Politics and Economics (first class) from Oxford University in 1984, followed by PhD from the London School of Economics in 1993. Continue reading
Conference ‘Belarusian Studies in the 21st Century’ and the 2016 London Lecture on Belarusian Studies
The conference will serve as a multidisciplinary forum of Belarusian studies in the West and offer a rare networking opportunity for researchers of Belarus.
It is organised by the UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies and the Ostrogorski Centre in partnership with Francis Skaryna Belarusian Library and Museum, Anglo-Belarusian Society, and the Journal of Belarusian Studies. Continue reading
The Anglo-Belarusian Society cordially invites its members and friends to join our annual Mother Language Day Celebration. This year it is organised this year with the participation of the Belarusian Sunday School and the Francis Skaryna Belarusian Library and Museum.
The event was inaugurated by the late Vera Rich to mark UNESCO Mother Language Day involving poetry reading in all languages particularly Belarusian and English.
The celebration takes place on Saturday, February 20th 2016 from 2pm at the Belarusian Religious and Cultural Centre (Marian House, Holden Avenue, London N12 8HS).
All members and friends
of the Belarusian community in Britain
are cordially invited to the
Annual General Meeting of the Anglo-Belarusian Society
on Saturday, 30 January 2016, 3 pm
at St Cyril’s Belarusian Religious and Cultural Centre
Marian House, Holden Avenue, London N12 8HY
19 December 2015, 13:00 – 15:30
St Cyril’s Belarusian Church Centre, Marian House, N12 8HY
Pupils of the Belarusian Sunday school led by headmistress Natallia Ramanchuk will perform a traditional Nativity play with Belarusian songs and dances. Other children and their parents are also welcome.
For further information about the Sunday School please contact firstname.lastname@example.org